Thursday, September 17, 2009

it's almost time for some pumpkin pie...


Pumpkin is sooooo yummy. Autumn is probably my favourite season just because all the pumpkin, squash and gourdness comes out. For my pumpkin cupcakes I used a vanilla batter and just added some pumpkin pie spice which gave it a nice subtle flavour of everyone's fav pie. I topped it off with some buttercream icing - using meringue, sugar and butter - and made it look like a dollop of creme fouette! A few pumpkin seeds finished this little cake off. Now, for flavour and texture, the cake was nice, but I wanted to experiment with using actual pumpkin - I tried this and found that the cake was a lot more moist, a lot more pumpkin-y but I still liked the taste of the other cake maybe slightly better. The use of real pumpkin made the cake a little too fragile and moist, but still yummy...hmmm it's a toss up.

1 comment:

  1. Diana!!?! I knew you for about half a year and had a really good time working with you. Thanks to facebook I see how you're doing once in a while since my newsfeed loves you. And now I hear you're baking cupcakes?!?!!! Awesome! Very cool!! I have not been as creative... in fact, I've even bought a cardigan. It definately reminded me of good times. :)

    ReplyDelete