Wednesday, October 28, 2009

fire up the ovens!!


for some gingerbread cupcakes! I made these cupcakes along with some peppermint chocolate ones for a Peet's Coffee and Tea Holiday meeting (featuring seasonal drinks such as the gingerbread latte and peppermint mocha). Once again, following the cupcake wisdom of my 'Hello Cupcake' book, I made a pseudo-homemade batch up cupcakes using a yellow cake mix, 4 eggs, buttermilk in place of water, a bit of molasses (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup), and a bunch of ginger. You can alter the spiciness of your cupcakes with the amount of ginger you add. I made a batch of cream cheese frosting, piped some on each one using a large circle icing tip and then sprinkled some yellow sugar on top! I also topped them off with a ginger snap wedge. *However, you should add the wedge just before serving your cupcakes because as I found, the cookies go soft in the fridge and when they stay out for too long.* When it comes together, it's really all about the cream cheese frosting. yum. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment