Saturday, October 17, 2009

rock-a-bye-baby cupcakes



These cutie cakes were gobbled up today at a baby shower for a friend of mine. I made a scrumptious white chocolate raspberry cake recipe with raspberry buttercream icing. I've tried a few buttercream icing recipes and I think this is the best and easiest one to make that doesn't taste like you're eating a stick of butter:


Easy Buttercream Icing

1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tbsp milk

Mix together and add more or less liquid for desired consistency :)

Where did I get the inspiration for these cakes you might ask? My new fav cupcake book: "Hello Cupcake!" This book is a great resource and has some really fun ideas. Some thought the blankets over the babies were made of fondant - not so!!! Just microwave starburst candies for 4 seconds and then roll them out and mold them! I give two thumbs up for the creative inspiration of "Hello Cupcake!"


No comments:

Post a Comment