Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lord CUPCAKE


I was not aware of such a cupcake.  The "Irish car bomb" cupcake came to me through Pinterest, another hobby of mine ;)  Just in time for St. Patty's day! I thought as I re-pinned this curious post.  And perfect for a bunch of engineer guys I was sending a sampler off to the Friday before 4leafcloverday.  

This is the Lord of Lady CUPCAKE I think:  a chocolate stout coffee cake - and by stout I mean Guinness Lager, and by coffee I mean reallllly strong coffee, filled with a bourbon vanilla whipped cream and topped with a Baileys white chocolate buttercream.  Whoa.  I hope those guys were able to engineer straight after one of these babies.  I have yet to find a white chocolate ganache recipe that works because that was the attempt before I settled with the buttercream frosting, which still tasted quite yummy anyway.  Technically you are supposed to add Jameson Whiskey to the batch but I didn't have that on hand, that's where my vanilla bean infused bourbon came in *note: save your scraped vanilla beans and add to a small bottle of bourbon, whiskey, vodka....*  


So there you have it!  Lord of the cupcake!  Do a little jig.






No comments:

Post a Comment