Thursday, March 7, 2013

rock-a-bye pink leopard baby shower


Personally, I find leopard print a bit too 'vegas' and flashy but PINK leopard print?  Okay, that's pretty cute especially when I get to paint the print onto marshmallow fondant hearts for a baby girl's shower.

If you are the artsy type, you will LOVE edible markers.  They allow you to take cake decorating to the next level where you can reproduce a master's painting onto fondant if your heart was so inclined.  For me, it was re-creating a pink leopard print :)  I googled leopard print cupcakes and came across a helpful site called "my cake school" .com.  She had a small tutorial specifically for leopard print cakes; I used her tutorial to help me with the leopard print but used my markers in place of multiple bags of icing and Viva paper towels - but that method looked great too.  Here's her link:  


http://www.mycakeschool.com/blog/leopard-print-cupcakes/

I made my special spiced chai cakes with a vanilla bean frosting; adding the seeds from one vanilla bean per batch of frosting makes it taste like vanilla ice cream.  Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment